This page is about the menu (SETTINGS) CHANNEL MANAGER > HOSTELLING INTERNATIONAL and explains how the connection with Hostelling International works and how to set it up.
- Click here for general information on how the channel manager works.
- MASTERINSOFT can export inventory.
- MASTERINSOFT can export prices.
- MASTERINSOFT can import bookings.
- MASTERINSOFT can import booking cancellations.
For details please click here
- Child prices can not be updated.
2 Before you connect
- We can only send availability if you have set up prices which are activated for this channel. This tutorial gives general information how to set prices for channels.
- Prices for “Extra Person”, “Extra child” and discounts set in the “Discounts” tab of the rates can not be sent.
New Bookings are imported.
Existing bookings are not automatically imported when the connection is established and should be entered into MASTERINSOFT manually.
Extras and Taxes
“Upsell Items” can not be exported.
Rooms and room types
If you have room types here and sell rooms individually at another channel or your own web site and want to sell them here as a “roomtype” with a quantity of more than one you can set up virtual roooms.
2.1.1 Hostel International
Forward the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
Hostel Interface Id: Your MASTERINSOFT property ID
Product (room) Ids: MASTERINSOFT room IDs you want to synchronise and the corresponding HostelInternational room IDs.
- Tick “Inventory”, “Prices” and “Bookings”.
2.2 Price Multiplier
If you want to add a multiplier to your prices, for example because the channel requires a different currency to your MASTERINSOFT currency, add a * followed by the multiplier number to your hotel id.
For example a hotel id setting 123456*1.23 will multiply all prices by 1.23 sent for hotel id 123456. (i.e. raised by 23%) Lower prices can be sent with a multiplier less than 1, i.e. 123456*0.85 will send a price 85% of the normal price (i.e. lowered by 15%)
You can also use currency conversion template variable. All currencies supported by the booking page currency selector can be used.
For example *[CONVERT:IDR-EUR] will convert Indonesian Rupees to Euros.
3 Updates and Changes
Changes to availability and prices will be instantly sent to the channel. Changes for settings for example minimum stays, the multiplier or number of rooms will send with the next update. Click on “Update” if you want to push them through instantly.
3.1 Common Errors
- Untick “Prices”, “Inventory” and “Bookings”.