Booking.com: Manage and Create Rate Plans
This page is about the menu (SETTINGS) CHANNEL MANAGER > BOOKING.COM > MANAGE RATE PLANS and explains how to create or manage Booking.com rate plans from MASTERINSOFT.
1 Booking.com Pricing Models
Our connection with Booking.com supports these pricing models:
- Per Occupancy Pricing (OBP)RECOMMENDED – If your Booking.com Rate Type is Per Occupancy Pricing a price for each occupancy defined in MASTERINSOFT can be sent. Set the Booking.com Rate Type to Occupancy.
- Per Day Pricing (Standard)– If your Booking.com Rate Type is “Per Day Pricing / Standard” you will need a price for the maximum room occupancy. If you want to send an additional “Single” price Booking.com needs to activate the single price option. After this is done you can set the Booking.com Rate Type to Per Day Pricing + Single.
- Derived Prices (RLO)– If Booking.com has set up derived (RLO) prices they calculate prices for different occupancies from one standard price sent from MASTERINSOFT. If your pricing model is RLO (derived prices) only Booking.com can change rate plans. Contact Booking.com support or change to Occupancy Pricing.
2 Add a rate plan
If you need prices additional prices for example a non-refundable rate or your rate plan contains meals you can create additional rate plans.
- Click on “Add new rate plan”.
- Enter a speaking name for your rate plan.
- Click on “Confirm”.
- Set the “Max Occupancy”, “Cancel Penalty Code” (cancellation policy), “Guarantee Payment Type” and “Meal Plan Code”.
To use this function your connection need to be activated for content. If you see the error message “Access denied” your connection is not activated for content. Log into your Booking.com account and change the connection type. Then try again.
3 Map rate plan
Create a daily price or rate in MASTERINSOFT which can contain additional restrictions like days in advance, minimum stay, days of the week on which the rate plan is available.
Click on “Get Codes” in the “Channels” tab or section of the daily price or rate and enter the Booking.com rate plan for this daily price or rate.
For more information use these instructions.
3.1 Add or manage promotions
Rate plans are not used for promotions. If you want to set up a promotion Go to SETTINGS->CHANNEL MANAGER->BOOKING.COM->PROMOTIONS to manage promotions.
4 Edit rate plan
- Click on “Edit” next tho the rate plan you want to edit.
- Change the settings.
- Click “Save”.
When you edit a rate plan all settings which were made for it in the Booking.com extranet will get lost.
4.1 Deactivate rate plan
- Click on “Edit” next to the rate plan you want to deactivate
- Change the settings for “Active” to NO.
- Click “Save”.
Booking.com will not allow you to send prices to deactivated rate codes. If you receive error messages remove the incative rate plan in your daily prices, rates and in SETTINGS->CHANNEL MANAGER-BOOKING.COM.
5 Delete rate plan
Log into your Booking.com extranet if you need to delete a rate plan.
6 Common Errors
Code 497 – Authorization error. Access denied while trying to update hotel xyzThe property is not activated for the use of the content API. Log into your Booking.com account, cancel the connection with MASTERINSOFT then request a new one which includes the content API.