This page is about the menu PRICES->DAILY PRICE SETUP and PRICES->DAILY PRICE (in the old control panel SETTINGS->PROPERTIES->ROOMS->DAILY PRICES)
You can set up to 10 daily prices per room prices.
Daily prices for past dates are not stored. If you need daily prices for reference you can download them to a .csv file via our API.
Use rates instead of daily prices:
- to fill gaps when a minimum stay is required
- if you want to allow guest to enquire when no price can be found but the room is not fully booked
- for agent prices and referrer discounts
2 Rules for Daily Prices
Click on “Edit”.
The name you enter will be displayed in the CALENDAR. You can set the “Maximum Guests” the “Minimum Stay”.
2.1 “Extra Person” and “Extra Child” prices
A zero value disables the extra person function.
There are two options to set an extra person/extra child price by specifying either a positive or negative value:
- a) A positive value will be applied to each additional guest above the “Maximum Guests” setting for the daily price. The daily price will be available up to the number of guests the room settings allow.
i.e. Three people booking a daily price set for two people will be charged one extra person price. One person booking will pay the two person price.
- b) A negative value will be deducted for each guest less than the “Maximum Guests” setting for the daily price. The daily price will not be available for more than the daily price Maximum Guests value.
i.e. One person booking a daily price set for two people will receive one extra person discount. Three people cannot book this daily price.
There are limitations for channel management which are different for each channel. Channels do not accept children prices and most channels cannot accept the extra person price. Please see the channel help page for information if/how extra person prices can send.
“Offer 1” is your standard offer to the guest which is always displayed. Only set “Offer” to 2, 3, 4 if you have activated additional offers.
Daily prices can be linked so changing a price in one daily price will update all the daily prices linked to it. The linking can be within the same room or between rooms and between properties.
When linked, the price cannot be entered directly, it will always be imported from the linked daily price.
Daily prices can only be linked to non linked daily prices, i.e. you cannot create a link to a linked daily price.
Linking only imports the prices, the daily price will still use it’s own rules for a number of people, minimum stay, channels etc.
Linked Daily Prices set in SETTINGS -> PROPERTIES -> ROOMS -> DEPENDENCIES can not be sent to the Channels, you need to have an independent daily price if you need to send to an OTA.
A percentage or fixed offset amount can be specified for the imported price.
- Offset amount = 0 will apply the original price.
- Offset amount = 10 will increase the original price by 10.
- Offset amount = -10 will lower the original price by 10.
- Offset percent = 0 will apply the original price.
- Offset percent = 10 will increase the original price by 10%.
- Offset percent = -10 will lower the original price by 10%.
2.4 Activate for booking page and/or channels
You need to define where a daily price is used. If you do not tick at least one tick box the daily price is inactive and not available in the CALENDAR.
If you have multiple rates at the Channel, ensure you ‘map’ the appropriate Channel Rate id/plan.
You can apply your custom color. The default color is #4aa41c
3 Add additional Daily Prices
Set “Number of Daily Prices ” to the number you need.
4 Enter Prices
The prices are entered in the CALENDAR.
Go to the CALENDAR and enter prices
5 Additional restrictions
- In the CALENDAR you can limit the days on which check-in and/or check-out are allowed. You can also set minimum stays if these vary by season.
- A “Same Day Booking Cut off” can be set in SETTINGS->PROPERTIES->BOOKING RULES.
6 Delete Daily Prices
Daily prices that are not required can be deleted.
Unlink any linked daily prices before deleting.
7 Combination of Rates and Daily Prices
You can use
- Only daily prices
- Only rates
- A combination of daily prices and rate.
If you use a combination of daily prices and rate a daily price can adjust the prices for an individual date or date range.
The “Strategy” for your rates and daily prices will determine which will be used. By default the system will offer the lowest price which meets all the rate and daily price rules. You can define a price strategy for daily prices in SETTINGS -> BOOKING RULES. Under “Daily Price Strategy” you can set if daily prices can be undercut by rates (“Allow Lower Prices”) or cannot be undercut by rates (“Do Not Allow Lower Prices”) or you do not allow any other prices than daily prices.
If you have daily prices for different occupancies this setting needs to be set to “Allow lower prices”.
Rules in Rates have no effect on daily prices.
8 Prices for OTA channels and your own booking page
Prices are used for the channels and/or the MASTERINSOFT booking page according to what is ticked under “Enable” in the daily price settings.
See this help page for specific information on how to set prices for OTA channels.
9 Check Prices
The ‘Price Check Tool’ shows you which prices and rules apply for specific dates/selections and why a certain price or rule was applied or not applied.
10 Voucher Codes and Upsell Items
Voucher codes and upsell items can be enabled or disabled from applying when this price is booked.